Invite a friend to Easter at Arvada Covenant Church
Easter is a perfect opportunity to invite friends or family members to join you in celebrating the hope of the Resurrection. Did you know that more than eight out of ten unchurched people said they would come to church if they were invited by someone? Here are some easy ways you can reach out and invite someone to attend an Easter service with you at Arvada Covenant Church or online.
- Think about who you want to invite. Begin to pray for them and pray for your own boldness.
- Use the resources and sample scripts below to extend the invitation.
- If they agree to attend, make a plan to meet up with your guest(s) at the front doors so that you can show them around and help them get settled. Be sure to come a bit early! You can also share the “what to expect” information on the Arvada Covenant Easter webpage.
- Want to take it a step further? Invite your guest(s) to join your family for a meal or gathering after the service.
- Be sure to follow up after Easter to thank them for attending. If appropriate, encourage your guests to attend with you again. Tell them about Arvada Covenant’s programming for Adults, Kids, and Youth.
Send a Personal Message
Send a quick text or email to a friend. Let them know you’ve been thinking of them or praying for them, and then invite them to join you Easter Sunday.
Sample language (customize as desired): Hi! You and your family have been on my mind this week! I would like to invite you to attend an Easter service with me at Arvada Covenant Church on April 9. We have services in person at 9 or 10:30 a.m. or online at 9 a.m. Check out arvadacovenant.org/easter for more details. I think you’d love it! Let me know if there’s a service time that works for your family, and we can attend or watch together. Perhaps we can grab lunch together afterward? I’d love to spend some time with you.
Invite Them in Person
Face-to-face invitations are powerful! Print off a stack of our Easter flyers and give them out to your neighbors and friends when you see them. Be sure to mention what service you plan to attend!
Share on Social Media
Download and share one of the social media images on our Easter website. Add an enthusiastic caption, post, and tag your friends.
Sample language (customize as desired): Looking for a place to celebrate Easter? I’d love for you to join me at Arvada Covenant Church on April 9 at 9 or 10:30 a.m. I love our church and I think you will too. Let me know if you want to attend so we can meet up and sit together!
You can let people know you’re coming to Arvada Covenant Church by responding that you are “Going” to our Facebook Event. Be sure to share the event as well!
If you’re part of your Nextdoor community or a neighborhood Facebook group, consider making a new post inviting your community to check out Arvada Covenant.
Sample post (customize as desired): Hey neighbors, just wanted to let you know that Arvada Covenant has great Easter services if anyone is looking for a church! You can check out the options at arvadacovenant.org/easter. I’ll be attending the [time] service [in person or online] and would love to see you there! Hope you have a great Easter!