CONNECTING OUR COMMUNITY
We are very excited to announce a new way to interact with Arvada Covenant Church.
For the past several months, the staff team has been transitioning our church management software from Church Community Builder (CCB, also known to congregants as “MyACC”) to Planning Center and its accompanying congregational app, Church Center.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CHURCH CENTER
WHY THE CHANGE?
This new system will provide a better user experience for both congregants and staff. Previously we were using a combination of CCB and other tech products to manage church operations. Using multiple systems was frustrating and inefficient. By moving to a single system, we will only be maintaining one set of information, meaning fewer errors and less confusion. It simplifies things for staff, leaders, and congregants. Additionally, the tools in Planning Center are much easier to use and the company offers better support!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
One of the most exciting features of Planning Center is their mobile app and their online portal for the congregation, called Church Center. This tool will integrate with, but not replace, our website. Using Church Center, you can find and connect with a community group, register your whole family easily for events, manage your giving, view a directory, and make sure your contact information is up to date. Set up is simple.
If you would like additional help, we are offering a Church Center training in the church office on the following days:
Wednesday, September 6, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Sunday, September 10, 11:20 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 12, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
SETTING UP CHURCH CENTER
These instructions will help you set up the Church Center app on your mobile device. If you would rather do this on a computer, visit
- Find Church Center for iOS and Android by visiting https://arvadacovenant.churchcenter.com/setup.
- Install the app on your device.
- Open the Church Center app and tap “Yes! Use the link.” Alternately, you can search for Arvada Covenant Church by using our name or location (Zip code 80002)
- Once you’ve located ACC, you can log in. You’ll be prompted to enter your mobile phone number (or email if you prefer). To make it easy, be sure to use a mobile phone number or email address that was in the old ACC system, if possible.
- Enter the six-digit code you receive back via text (or email if you chose that option).
- If you had a profile on the old CCB database, you’ll be asked to verify your name. If you don’t already have a profile, you can create one at this point by adding your name and email.
- When you’re logged in, you can tap/click on your profile icon in the top right corner to verify and update your contact information. If you don’t already have a profile photo, please upload one!
- Please note, some fields like name and birthdate are locked. Please contact Jackie Triplett at firstname.lastname@example.org to make these corrections.
The Church Center app includes an online directory of congregants, a private place for the people in our church to share their contact information with one another. Your personal information is always private until you choose to share it. You’ll be able to choose exactly what personal and household information you would like to share.
- From the home screen, tap/click on your profile icon in the top right corner then click on “My Directory Settings.” If you do not see this option, you have not yet been invited to the church directory. Please contact Jackie Triplett at email@example.com to request an invitation.
- If you DO NOT want to share your name or contact information in the directory, click “Ask Me Later”.
- If you DO want to have your name listed in the directory, check the box next to the data you would like to share, then click “Join Directory”.
If you give manually via online giving (you don’t have a recurring donation set up), then simply follow the instructions in the sections below! If you currently have an ongoing donation set up through CCB, log into the CCB My Giving page and cancel any repeating gifts before following these steps. Please do this before October 28. If you need help canceling your current recurring donations, please contact Pastor Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: these instructions are for the app. The steps are similar but not exact if you’re using the online portal on the computer.
- Click on “Giving”, along the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your gift amount then click “Next”.
- Choose your designated fund.
- Choose whether this is a one-time or recurring gift.
- Add a payment method (bank account or debit/credit card).
- Click “Give” to submit your donation.
- Church Center automatically creates a donor profile for you after you donate to ACC the first time through this platform. You can log in to your donor profile to update payment methods or recurring frequency, view your donation history, access tax statements, and set communication preferences.
The Home tab holds links to our service feeds, blog, and social media accounts.
Church Center makes mobile giving simple and convenient.
The Events tab lets you see upcoming events and register yourself and your household.
Use the Groups tab to find and see information for your community or volunteer group.
Find the Directory and your Signups here.